Humor for Humanity
Humor for Humanity with Jimmy Tingle and friends offers one stop shopping for live and/or virtual comedy fundraisers.
“Our mission is to raise spirits, funds and awareness for non-profits and social causes through online and/or live events utilizing Jimmy’s skills as a comedian, producer, emcee and auctioneer. Our Mission is Your Mission.”
HUMOR FOR HUMANITY EVENTS PROVIDE JIMMY’S SERVICES AS:
- Auctioneer: Utilizing an online fundraising platform to streamline the complete auction and fundraising process.
OUR TECH TEAM PROVIDES
- Zoom account and tech support for online events including pre event rehearsals
- Venue selection support
- Online Ticketing service and on site tech support day of event
MARKETING AND AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
- Marketing Assistance through Tingle Newsletter
- Website Listing
- Additional Social Media and Marketing Referrals
ONE STOP SHOPPING
- This one stop shopping model provides seasoned technical, entertainment and fundraising expertise saving the organization time, labor and money. References available upon request.
For more information on Humor for Humanity with Jimmy Tingle and Friends please contact us here booking form
Humor for Humanity Booking Form
- Performance Action Press Photo
- Jacket & Tie Studio Press Photo
- Summer White Shirt with hands closed Photo
- Summer White Shirt with hands opened Photo
- Summer Red Shirt with hands opened Photo
- Summer Red Shirt with hands Closed Photo
- Humor for Humanity Logo with JT & Friends
- Humor for Humanity Logo with JT
- Jimmy Tingle Logo
- “Making Comic Sense” Color Logo JPG
Jimmy Tingle is a nationally recognized comedian, commentator, producer, actor, and the founder of Humor for Humanity, a new social enterprise which raises spirits, funds, and awareness for nonprofits through his work as a performer, emcee, and auctioneer.
He has worked as a humorist and commentator for “60 Minutes II” and MSNBC and has appeared on “The Tonight Show,” CNN, “Conan O’Brien,” “Fresh Air with Terry Gross,” and in his own HBO half-hour comedy special. He recently made a cameo appearance with Julia Louis-Dreyfus in “Veep” on HBO.
Feature film work includes “Next Stop Wonderland,” “Boondock Saints,” “Head of State” (starring Chris Rock) and “Clear History” (starring Larry David). He has also appeared in several documentary films, including “When Stand up Stood Out,” “Call Me Lucky” (directed by Bobcat Goldthwait) “Damned in the USA,” and “America with the Top Down.”
After earning a master’s degree in public administration from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government (where he was the graduate school commencement speaker for his class in 2010), he ran for lieutenant governor of Massachusetts on the Democratic ticket in 2018. As a first-time candidate for public office, he received 41% of the vote in the Massachusetts Democratic primary.
Based on his experience running for public office, he created a stage show, recorded at Harvard’s Sanders Theater on February 29, 2020, that illuminates his campaign with passion, purpose and a sense of humor.
During the Covid lockdown of 2020 he developed the show into a documentary called “Jimmy Tingle’s 2020 Vision: Why would a comedian run for office?” which will be released in 2021. It’s a funny, thought provoking, and hopeful look at contemporary life and politics. His previous film, “Jimmy Tingle’s American Dream,” which he wrote and produced, was directed by Vincent Straggas of Flag Day Productions.
Theatrical credits include writing, performing, and producing several one-person shows, including “Uncommon Sense,” “Jimmy Tingle for President—The Funniest Campaign in History,” and “Jimmy Tingle’s American Dream.”
Tingle has the rare distinction of winning Boston Magazine’s “Best of Boston” awards for “stand-up comedy” and “best alternative theater” for his work as the producer and artistic director of Jimmy Tingle’s Off-Broadway Theater in Somerville.
In addition to his master’s degree from Harvard, he earned a Bachelor of Arts from UMASS Dartmouth where he majored in history and minored in education.
For more information, please visit www.JimmyTingle.com or call 617-642-8102.